Saturday 30 April 2016

29/04/16 Research and analysis

Artist- Tetsuya Nomura
Link to Image: http://kotaku.com/the-iconic-final-fantasy-art-of-tetsuya-nomura-1686180995
Web page- Kotauku




What Inspires me?

First off I am not the best drawer and when I look at this art work. I wish that I could draw like this, So that this skill can help me with my 3D character design art work. Normal when I sketch out designs for characters they are just a five to ten minute sketch. I never add any detail as mush as this and go so far in depth.

Style and Technique

Tetsuya Nomura Style and Technique is hand drawin and every drawn is very detail. This character has detail that looks like it has a light source judging the way that the artist has shaded the image.

What can I take from this?

If I was to draw to this standard I would need a lot of practice and make more of a effect  to had more detail. When I create an image I just normally create a lined sketch and never add any shadings. This goes for my lack off skills to make a 2D drawing look 3D.

Web page: Browse Video Game Character Art

link to Image: http://www.game-art-hq.com/wp-content/uploads/Baraka-MK2-zbrush_sculpt_by-Gabriel-Melendez.jpg

Artist:  Gabriel Melendez


What Inspires me?

This is the sort of model that I what to achieve in my 3D character modeling skills in the future. I am a fan of this video series and this character. The artist that has created this it's identical to the original character from Mortal Kombat 2. I am a fan of the way the artist has textured and coloured the outfit. This 3D model in my opinion, The artist could not make this design any better if they tried.  This is the type of attuned when I finish a character design knowing that I done my best.

Style and Technique

Gabriel Melendez used Z-Brush this show me what the program is capable doing. This artist has a very good skill in z-Brush and also can textures as well. Some time's when you see character that was made in z-brush or Mud Box. The artist sort of spoils the sculpting when there are not the best at textures. But I think that this artist as a very good balance between the two.  

What can I take from this?   

That if I create a Z-brush model its best to balance out the design as well as the texturing. When I design my character I normally just scrupled and then use Photoshop for the colour. I need to take my 3D designs to the next level to my goal.

Web page. https://cgelves.com/cg-art-of-hossein-diba-character-artist-mad-max2/
web site: CG Elves
Artist: Unknown



What Inspires me?

That this artists can create a 3D model look like Tom Hardy. When I was scrolling thought to find some research. I come across this image and I knew who this person is, So this makes this artist very talented. When you design a art piece you what other people to see them something In this case a famous actor.  

Style and Technique

This model could of been made a few ways that I can think of, Such as Mud box and Z-Brush. This artist must of use some sort of a reference of Tom Hardy's face to help them along. This would be them must cencable way around. Also this artist has added small little marks that Tom has got in real life. This is a very detailed 3D model that has made the real Tom Hardy look fake. 

What can I take from this?     

There is so much that I could take from this art piece because this is a whole new level that what I can do. This model must been made by someone who has been doing this type of work of years. Hopeful I will create something like this in a few years If I keep on practicing. 

Web Page: http://magazine.artstation.com/2015/06/art-mortal-kombat/
Web Site: Artstation Magazine
Artist: Unkown


What Inspires me?

Evan tho this 3D model does not have any textures or colour it's still inspires me. My favorite part is the out fit  because it has quite a lot of detail. Such as the folds and kreses on the out fit, This brings to my first point Evan tho this model does not have any colour the textures bring the character to life. 

Style and Technique

The style is very consition with detail, Such as the fact that it's not like the model is detailed in one spot. But the whole model has a constoinse around the model. I think that the artist use Z-Brush and may have used one or two alphas. I sort of wish that its was textured and coloured in. 

What can I take from this?  

sometimes when I create a model I normally put more detail on the upper half of the body. Then don't put a whole that for the lower body. This makes my art work unbalanced this art work does not have that problem. I will take in the fact when I create my next model I will create more of a balanced detail character.  

Link to Image: http://shomariharrington.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Robin-Model-Sheet.jpg
Web Page. http://shomariharrington.com/robin-character-design/


What Inspires me?

I am a fan of the cartoon art style with simplistic drawings, But also looks amazing to look at aspeshaly when a art piece is model sheet. When A model sheet has different poses and different facial expressions. This make the character come to life life in a different way than the privaues design.  

Style and Technique

I think the artist may of draw to different pose out first along side the facial expressions. Then use Photoshop or illustrator or if not both. The art style is a very cartoon like and simpltic but works well.   

What can I take from this?  

I think for the most part is the layout of the character model sheet. When I create a model sheet I don't have a whole lot of vitiate such as this design. I would create two posses, but this model sheet has Six different types. I will take from this design is to create more posses from my model sheets.  

Link to Image: https://vice-images.vice.com/images/content-images-crops/2016/03/13/an-interview-with-hotline-miami-artist-and-musician-niklas-kerblad-000-body-image-1457899561-size_1000.jpg?resize=*:*&output-quality= 

Web Page: https://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/an-interview-with-hotline-miami-artist-and-musician-niklas-kerblad-000

Artist: Niklas Åkerblad


What Inspires me?

This is one of the most colorful art piece that I've come across. This artist is deftly not feared of adding colour and see were it leads them. This has the a cartoon look just like the last image, But it has been taking to the next level with a bombardment of colour. 

Style and Technique

I think this artist used illustrator and used the pen tool to get the perfect black out lines around the person. Then made new layers for separate colours, Then build the colour on with the shadings.  

What can I take from this?  

The may thing that I will learn from this is to create some thing out side of the box. To try something that I've not done before. 

Link to Image
http://www.bagogames.com/wpcontent/uploads/2015/09/02a7e919783aefb1848b67250819a205d1265123.jpg
Web Link: http://www.bagogames.com/old-school-charm-broken-sword-5-review/
Web page: BAGO Games

What Inspires me?
 
The environment is what inspires me the most, just the filed of depth is what draws me to this image. Broken sword has also way create amazing environments and this is one of them. This is a point and click games where you explore vast environments with George Stobart.  I've been inspired with this series for years.

Style and Technique

This environment was hand draw first and you would think it was created in 3Ds Max then textured. This started out as a line draw but this also looks like 3D with the shadings. Then there is the character at the front of the environment. This was a very good idea this brings a story of a journey.   

What can I take from this?  

They is some much that I can learn from this, First off I need a lot of practice to design some thing like this. I think that by adding a character to your environment brings more to the design over all. This could tell a story or perceptive to show how big the environment is.

Link to Image:
http://cdn2b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_content_width/hash/70/b0/70b0e34419345e811b5d4fd6e9de6324.jpg?itok=FAmxmErc

Web Site: http://www.examiner.com/article/ssx-2012-great-graphics-sound-realistic-experience

What Inspires me?

This is inspires me for the same reason as the last image. But this time it's in 3D and was made digital rather than hand drawing. But this image still bring a field of depth and this show you the size and scale when you have a character that is in the front of the image. 

Style and Technique

The style of the environments looks like its a real place this is a fairly modem game and still hold up nicely. I think that the environment artist create this in Cinema 4D or 3Ds max. In my opinion there are one of the best of huge environment. 

What can I take from this?  

This is the same point that I made of the Broken Sword image. But this time this shows you can still pull it off my cratering a 3D environment and still of the field of depth. 

Concept artwork
Link to Image: http://www.crashmania.net/images/games/crash-bandicoot-2-cortex-strikes-back/artwork/environments/concept-art-1-5.jpg
Web Site: http://www.crashmania.net/games/crash-bandicoot-2-cortex-strikes-back/artwork/environments/
Artist: With Naughty Dog 

Screen shot from Crash 
Web Page: http://crashland.elynx.fr/crashbandicoot2/apropos.php

 

What Inspires me?

That this concept art was apart of Crash Bandicoot one of my favorite games growing up. This show how the environment was made before the game was final finished. Also what inspired me was this short video from CTR.

Link to Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU3ZRS6-2NA
This is the video that inspired me in the late 90's and early 2000. 

Style and Technique

The art style is very dark and grunge witch helps the artwork better. If you were in a jungle there would be very large tree that would block out the sun light.  The technique was hand draw then the image was taking to Illustrator.  

What can I take from this?  

I've been look at at this video for about fifteen years or more and I always what to create art work like this. 

Link to Image: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/91/35/3f/91353fc68fddfeb60c87e8ef7456e1fb.jpg
Web Site:https ://www.pinterest.com/pin/117656608993209863/

What Inspires me?

I really like this art piece because there so may layers involved. If I was going to draw this I would not know were to start. There is so much detail in this cartoon environment I would like to see the final art piece in colour. 

Style and Technique

This art work was do by drawing  and the reference came from the artist mind. The style is a cartoon concept.

What can I take from this?  

Just the fact that the art style is very good and I will try this type of art style in my own work. 

No comments: